Dieting With Success Part #2: Easy Meal Suggestions
Implementing healthy lifestyle changes is the best way to succeed over the long term when it comes to dieting, losing weight, and becoming healthier. Using the tips discussed in part 1 of this 3 part series on success with dieting, you will see results. If you have been working to incorporate those healthy tips you will enjoy the meal suggestions below. To review part 1 of this series visit http://currituck.ces.ncsu.edu/2015/04/dieting-with-success-tips-for-healthy-eating/
These suggestions follow the tips for healthy eating provided in the last article. These are just suggestions but they are a good starting point if you are feeling overwhelmed.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It sets the tone for how your body will process food for the rest of the day. Try not to skip your breakfast. Jump start your metabolism with a protein, whole grain and fruit.
- Oatmeal, add berries and low fat milk with a glass of water
- Eggs, whole grain toast, fruit, and water
- Low fat yogurt, fruit, granola bar and water
Snacks are not always necessary but you should pay attention to your body and eat when you are hungry. If you find that you are hungry even after you have had your water choose fruits, veggies, whole grains and healthy fats. This means a little planning. Very few vending machines contain fresh produce or whole grains. Snacks should not be consumed after dinner, but between meals during the day.
- Fruit and nuts (preferably not salted) with water
- Veggie and hummus with water
- Low fat cheese and whole grain cracker with water
Lunch and dinner are also very important meals. Make sure even if you are eating out that you pick something with a lean meat, veggie, whole grain, and fruit.
- Chicken, lean beef, seafood, or turkey WITH…
- Asparagus, green beans, broccoli, peppers, spinach etc. (fill up on these!) WITH…
- Brown rice, whole grain pasta, quinoa, corn, sweet potato, etc. WITH…
- Applesauce, banana, strawberries (these make a great dessert!)
These meal suggestions work best when you combine them with a physical activity regimen. In the last part of the series on dieting with success you will learn how much physical activity you need and how to incorporate it into your daily routine.
For more information on healthy eating, physical activity and dieting please contact Olivia Jones at olivia_ firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-232-2261.