Getting the Most From Your Medicare-Town Hall Meeting
Contact: Kerry Hall or Colin Day
SHIIP holds free public events around North Carolina
RALEIGH— Insurance Commissioner Wayne Goodwin and SHIIP, the Seniors’ Health Insurance Information Program, are pleased to announce a series of town hall events to educate Medicare beneficiaries on how to get the most from their Medicare benefits.
At the events, SHIIP staff and volunteers will provide information about Medicare basics and applying for Extra Help, a federal subsidy for people with limited incomes and assets to assist with Medicare prescription drug plan costs. SHIIP will also emphasize the importance of Medicare beneficiaries reviewing and comparing Medicare Part D prescription drug plans during the Annual Election Period, Oct. 15- Dec. 7.
The events are free and open to the public. Goodwin, county officials, and SHIIP staff and volunteers will be in attendance. For more information about the town hall events listed below, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 855-408-1212.
- Jackson County: August 19, 1:30 p.m.–3:00 p.m. Medicare 101 Class: 3:30 p.m.–5:00 p.m. Jackson County Dept. on Aging 100 County Services Park, Sylva.
- Caswell County: September 1 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Medicare 101 Class: 12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. Caswell County Senior Services 649 Firetower Road, Yanceyville.
- Halifax County: August 21 10:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m. Medicare 101 Class: 12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. Halifax County Agricultural Center 359 Ferrell Lane, Halifax.
- Montgomery County: September 15 10:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m. Medicare 101 Class: 12:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. Troy/Montgomery Senior Center 315 North Main St.,Troy.
- Catawba County: August 28 10:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m. West Hickory Senior Center 400 17th St. SW, Hickory.
- Currituck County: September 17 10:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m. N.C. Cooperative Extension ,Currituck County Center 120 Community Way, Barco.
SHIIP is a division of the North Carolina Department of Insurance that offers free, objective information about Medicare, Medicare prescription drug coverage, Medicare Advantage, long-term care insurance and other health insurance issues. SHIIP’s trained volunteers provide one-on-one counseling in all 100 counties. For more information about SHIIP or to get answers to Medicare questions, call SHIIP directly at 855-408-1212 or visit www.ncshiip.com.