2018 Dairy Photo Contest
Each year, the Dairy Poster Contest allows youth to put their creative talents to use in developing a message about the dairy industry for the consumer public. In design and development of the poster, youth learn a great deal about the dairy industry. The contest is also supported by The Dairy Alliance and incorporates their current June dairy theme.
With a change in theme, this year, comes a change in the contest. Instead of posters, this year participants will submit their original photographs that incorporate a new theme and logo. The theme for the 2018 Dairy Photo Contest is “How do you love your dairy?” Youth should incorporate this theme and logo into their photos. The June Dairy Logo is included . Please note the following rules:
- Competition in this contest will be conducted on an individual basis in Division I (9-12 years of age), Division II (13-15 years of age), and Division III (16-19 years of age) at the county and state level. Youth in Division IV (5-8 years of age) will participate on a non-competitive basis at the county level only. Youth in Division IV may choose to still enter a poster, rather than a photograph, in the local contest.
- Entries can be a singular photo or incorporate up to 3 photos (collage). Entries with multiple photos can be mounted on poster board. All photos should be 8×10 and will be submitted electronically as .jpeg files as well as a printed copy will be mailed. If mounted, poster board should be no larger than 24 x 24in.
- Photos MUST NOT contain copyright material such as cartoon characters, etc. Photos also should not contain any personal identifiers or information (including farm names), without written permission of the owner.
- All photos submitted must be the original work by youth entrant and will be accompanied by a photo copyright release form (attached below). These photos will be displayed at the State Fair in October 2018. Winning photos also will be displayed on social media (Facebook and Twitter).
- Photos must have been displayed at least once in a public place.
The deadline for submission at the county level is August 22nd. Photos will be displayed in the Extension Office and winning photos from each Division will be submitted to Dr. Stephanie Ward, Dairy Extension Specialist, NC State University.
Photos should be mailed or dropped off at the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Currituck County Center, 120 Community Way, Barco NC 27917; attention Sherry Fischlschweiger.
All photos at the state competition in Division I, II, and III will be displayed in a prominent place during the dairy shows in the Jim Graham Building at the NC State Fair.
The following awards will be provided to state winners in Division I, Division II, and Division III by The Dairy Alliance:
- First Place: $100 cash
- Second Place: $75 cash
- Third Place: $50 cash
For questions or more information please contact Sherry Fischlschweiger at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 252-232-2262.
4-H is North Carolina’s largest youth development organization, equipping more than 247,000 young people each year with the skills to succeed and improve the world around them. 4-H programs and camps encourage young people to “learn by doing,” helping them to develop into active, contributing citizens. NC State Extension and the Cooperative Extension Program at N.C. A&T State University coordinate 4-H programs statewide.