For families with an existing 4-H Online account, review and update information through the 2019 Re-Enrollment Process.
North Carolina 4-H is excited to announce that we have moved to a NEW ONLINE database program called 4-H Online. 4-H Online is . . . The OFFICIAL North Carolina 4-H Youth Development Program database for enrolled 4-H members and volunteers. This system works as a partnership between the 4-H family and the County Cooperative Extension office to manage the 4-H enrollment process and distribute important information to you. By allowing you access you can update your club and project information as well as personal information (email, home address, and phone). This will ensure that you are properly enrolled in the county program and receive important news and updates such as newsletters, deadline information, and leadership opportunities.
Who Needs to Enroll in 4-H Online:
All active North Carolina 4-H youth members and volunteers.
What Do I Need to Enroll:
To enroll through the 4-H Online system, you need a computer or tablet, Internet access, a valid email address, and a web browser. Suggested web browsers are: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. *Internet Explorer is not compatible with the 4-H Online website.
Where Do I Enroll:
Enrolling is simple through the website: 4-H Online Follow the steps /prompts given on each page (anything in bold or with a red asterisk is required). Here’s are instructions
that will walk you through the general enrollment steps. So, feel free to log-on now and enroll. – OR – If you’d like more information before proceeding into the 4-H Online System . . . keep reading.
More About 4-H Online & Security:
4-H Online is a data management and enrollment system that is currently being used in 46 states. 4-H Online is a secured database that is in compliance with the PCI Security Standards Council. The North Carolina 4-H Youth Development Program, NC State University, and the 4-H Online program developers have worked together to monitor and ensure that the system provides the highest level of protection for information stored in the program. North Carolina 4-H, NC State University, and 4-H Online do not share or sell any personal information to third party vendors without your knowledge or permission.
Creating A New Family Profile:
All active North Carolina 4-H youth members and volunteers should establish a new family profile with the 4-H Online system. When you set up your family profile you will need to complete the following required fields:
- Denote if you belong to or are affiliated with a Military 4-H Club, Select Your Primary *County of Participation, Email, Last Name, and you will need to create an Account Password. *Youth members who participate in more than one county 4-H program can have additional counties added once their family profile is established.
- Once you’ve created your Family Profile you will have the option to “Add A New Family Member” via the drop-down box: Select “Youth” and/or ADD “Adult.”
- Youth: Denotes “Youth Members,” ages of 5–18, who want to join North Carolina 4-H. *Within their individual Youth Profile – a youth can denote if they serve as a volunteer.
- Adult: Denotes “4-H Volunteers.” Please Note: Adult profiles in the 4-H Online system are for “4-H Volunteers.” – An adult profile should NOT be established for a parent or guardian.
- N.C. 4-H recognizes that we have active youth volunteers who themselves are NOT members of 4-H. *Youth volunteers who are NOT members of 4-H should select “Adult” from the “Add A New Family Member” drop-down box and complete the application.
What Happens If I Start a Family Profile
And Don’t Complete It:
Once a Family Profile has been created and a “New Family Member” (Youth or Adult) has been added, that individual information will be auto-saved. If the profile is exited and or Internet connection is lost, you should be able to log back into the system and restart from where you left off. Please Note: Family member profiles are denoted in the 4-H Online system, and visible on your Family Profile page, as either Incomplete, Pending or Active. *Your 4-H Agent will contact you directly if you have an incomplete profile.
- When you “submit” a youth or adult profile the information is sent directly to your local 4-H agent for review and approval. Once your profile has been reviewed and your local 4-H agent approves it within the system, you should receive an email notification (sent to the Family email address established during the account set-up).
4-H Online is a web-based system used to enroll youth members and adult volunteers in the North Carolina 4-H Youth Development Program. 4-H Online is designed so that each family has an online family profile and every youth and volunteer has an individual profile under their family profile. 4-H Online is a fully integrated management system that brings together all levels of the 4-H experience. Whether it’s a member logging in to manage his or her record, a club leader printing mailing labels, or a county agent approving a member’s enrollment, 4-H Online brings the 4-H community together and keeps everyone involved.